Monday, March 19, 2007

Step Up or Step Aside

I was watching Christopher Titus' special on Comedy Central last night and he was talking about the church. I am always interested when a secular comedian starts talking about church things. He was talking mostly about the issues in the Catholic church with all the sexual abuse charges against priests. He said that the church needs to "Step up and do something about it or step aside and let the authorities get involved. Either way, it needs to stop. You rid the church of all these pedophiles and put sincere men of God up front, the churches will once again be filled to the rafters." WOW. Why does it take a secular, God-fearing comedian to take the church to task. Shouldn't we being taking ourselves to task and keep each other accountable? This really blew me away and is one of the deepest things I've heard in a while. Thank you Christopher Titus and I'm sorry your tv show on Fox was crap. You are funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

It's good to see you blogging! You're a thoughtful man with much to say!

I hate it when the secular world is forced to say what the church should say because the church isn't saying it!

Thanks for keeping it real!

Unknown said...

Chris is very Christian. I've worked with him. He's a church goin' guy. I'm not sure how that relates to what you blogged. Guess I'm saying he's not without concern for religous issues.