Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Some People Need to Not Talk Ever Again

So let's talk about Ann Coulter, the "fountain of hate", as I like to call her. Last week, speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), she referred to Democratic Senator John Edwards as a "faggot". What makes it more maddening is that she received loud applause after saying that about Edwards. She eventually "apologized" saying

"C'mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean."

That is no apology. It is just her normal backtracking every time someone confronts her about one of many hateful statements she has spewed. I was glad to see her fellow republicans slamming her and going against her for what she said. What infuriates me the most is that Coulter claims to be Christian and that her beliefs influence what she says. BULLCRAP. Christianity isn't about hate, bigotry, and racism, all behaviors that Coulter has shown throughout the years in her books, speeches, and interviews.

I frequent a few Christian forums online and I posted a thread about Coulter at one of them. There are many people at the site who are RepubliChristians (aka Republicans are God's party and anyone else is wrong and evil...pure ignorance and blind allegiance). Now, I am neither Republican nor Democrat though my views are moderate conservative. A small group of people at this forum are supporting Coulter saying that "homosexuals deserve no respect", "I support the use of the words 'faggot' and 'queer' because I don't recognize gays as a group. They are degenerates." Granted, I am not surprised at the comments of this one person because he is the same person who said all denominations are corrupt, christian churches don't really have anything good about them, and that all of our proven Scriptural quotes are "Politicaly Correct Christianese". The next time this gentleman uses the Bible in context will be the first. It's frustrating and disheartening all at the same time. I didn't know that "love the sinner, hate the sin" and "love your neighbor as yourself" were PC nonsense...

God, please open up the hearts and eyes of people like this and Ann Coulter who are so full of themselves and foolishly think they are displaying Christ-like attitudes and behaviors.

1 comment:

sbtang said...

I saw the thread you started on the forum mentioned and I made a point to myself to ignore it, cause I knew some of the things people were going to say was going to piss me off.... And I guess I was right about that.

Ann Coulter is an idiot who needs to shutup. Her "apology" is an insult to the word apology.