Monday, January 8, 2007

Excellence

A devotional I read this morning dealt with excellence. I realized that while I have been urging the Christian entertainment industry for excellence, I have failed to acheive excellence in the workplace. Sometimes I don't put forth a complete effort and work towards the ultimate goal. We need to strive for excellence in everything we do. That is what God expects from us.

"Few things fire up a person's commitment like dedication to excellence." - John Maxwell

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Visiting as I said I might. Some nice thoughts you have up here.

As to this post, good as well, but i'm not much fond of 'excellence'. I've heard one too many comments that Christians should be better at everything than non-Christians b/c we have Christ. Somehow that doesn't sit right with me. Even though that's not what you're saying here, that's what I think of everytime someone says 'excellence'. So yea :P

Have a good 2007!

The La|u|ra

Anonymous said...

^ Personally, I consider excellence to be trying your best. God considers that excellence.

I like your thoughts, Boynton. :)